First we were welcomed by an Ostrich Farm! What do people do with those birds?
Solvang's architecture is 100% dutch. It was like we were in Europe! We ate the best pretzel we've ever had and ate it with homemade cheese. There were pastry shops everywhere and we just HAD to sample an eclair. YUMMY!
We played at the best toy store we've ever seen. We watched horses draw carriages full of tourists through the streets. It is such a happy place. Everyone needs to go to Solvang!
Just outside of Solvang we started to drive through hills covered with vineyards! It is so rural north of Ventura County. Farms and vineyards the whole way along the 101. It was such a beautiful drive. Every once in a while the 101 bends around a hill and TA DA - there's the ocean! I loved the drive - and anyone who knows me knows how much I hate to be cooped up in a car!
We drove through San Luis Obispo ("nothing to write home about," said Aaron) and stumbled across a town called Morro Bay. It was a cute little sea shanty town. We ate at a place called Whale's Tale. It turned out to be some of the best fish and chips we've ever had! The fog rolled and made it feel especially creepy. This area is known for their taffy - so we bought a whole bunch for the rest of the road trip!
As soon as we left Morro Bay and got back on the 101 - the fog was gone and we witnessed a beautiful sunset over the ocean! It was such a beautiful drive through golden hills all the way to King City where we spent the night!
1 comment:
You guys do the funnest things, I swear! I had so much fun on our girls night. I'm crossing my fingers that the Three Amigos make it back to Utah for good!
Post a Comment