On Thursday Ashton had a field trip with his preschool to Wheeler Farm. There were HUGE dark clouds moving our way, and we had no sooner got to the farm when it started pouring. My sister and her little girl were with us and we decided to make the best of the situation. Thankfully, she brought two big golf umbrellas!
We ate a sack lunch in the barn and then ventured out onto the soaking wet farm. It wasn't cold, but it was sure raining hard! The kids loved huddling under the umbrellas and looking at the animals. Ashton ended up totally soaked because, "Mom, when I see ducks I just HAVE to chase them!" Ashton loved that the sheep had their own home, that the big roosters could crow so loud, and climbing in the tree house. But he devoted most of his time to watching the pigs walk through their own poop. "Do they know they're walking in poop mom?!" Followed by a belly laugh. (He's such a boy!)
I haven't been to Wheeler Farm except for a dance back in the day. I am definitely going back. It is such a beautiful farm to spend an afternoon or go on a picnic!
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment