Tuesday, June 24, 2008

WHAT A SUMMER SO FAR!

My life has been sans computer, phones, and television for the past two weeks and it has been GREAT! But now I’m back to reality where my world revolves around all three.

We had a VERY fun week in California. It was great going back to our ward and seeing everyone. We LOVE you guys so much! I told Aaron we really shouldn't visit too often because it never gets easier to leave you guys! A huge thank you to Aaron and Lindsey for letting us stay with your family , we loved every minute! Robin, thanks so much for a yummy dinner – it was so fun being with your family again. One of the highlights of the trip for me was when all my girlfriends got together for lunch and just chatted like we do best. It was WONDERFUL seeing everyone again.

Disneyland was busy. I waited 90 minutes for Splash Mountain. (Ashton’s favorite) Aaron took him on a couple rides while I made friends in line. Now that Ashton is taller, he was able to experience more rides in California Adventure. He LOVED soaring over California. It was cute to watch him try and touch his toes in the river and shrink away from the golf ball coming his way. He tried to brave the line to Tower of Terror, but once we got to the front of the line he freaked out. I was more than happy to dodge that ride with him.

The next day we did Disneyland at night. And let me tell you – that is the best time to do Disneyland. You can practically walk right onto the rides! Ashton rode Thunder Mountain for the first time. He pretended to like it because it’s his buddy Coby’s favorite ride, but I could tell he hated every minute of it. We got to go on Splash Mountain three times in a row because there was no line. It was such a memorable night with my boys. We stayed until the park closed we were having so much fun.

The rest of the trip was spent at the beach. We dug holes, boogie boarded, and took naps on the sand. We couldn’t have ordered better weather! We ate at our favorite California restaurants: Ruby’s, Cheesecake Factory, Sushi, Corner Bakery and Chronic Taco.

We were back from Cali for three days and then Aaron and I were off to Lake Powell with his work crew. It had been 15 years since I went to Lake Powell. I went with my friend Kelly back in middle school. I forgot how amazing that place is! We stayed on a really sweet house boat, had three speed boats, two wave runners, and lots of water toys to play with. Aaron and I both learned how to surf on the wake of a speedboat. Aaron did a really good job and LOVED it. I kind of sucked, but still thought it was fun. I also learned to Wake Board, which isn’t as scary as I thought it would be. We loved going on night rides in the boat. There was a full moon that was ENORMOUS! It was perfect weather and we couldn’t have asked for a better experience! (And we got to leave Ashton home with grandma’s and grandpa’s!)

Yesterday I took Ashton to the Draper Pool and we had so much fun. When we got there the pool was packed. But then a huge thundercloud appeared and it started to pour. Everyone left except for maybe 10 of us who waited out the cloudburst. After 15 minutes we had the pool all to ourselves!

Today was Ashton’s last day of preschool. Now he’s out for the summer! We need places to go and friends to go do them with. SO CALL ME whenever you go do something fun! We are so there with you!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow! Sounds like you've had a lot of fun lately. Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Wakeboarding is so much fun huh? Did you end up finding a cute suit? Lake Powell sounds so good right now. I don't think we're going this year. :(

Ellie said...

How fun!!! I'm totally jealous of Disneyland at night...when we were there, that's when the lines were the longest! I'm so glad you guys had fun! Are you gonna be at the family reunion on Sat?

Heather said...

I saw Aaron in Utah Business magazine yesterday for the Entrepreneur of the Year thing. He looked great! It was fun to see you all this weekend. You're the party planning queen my friend!

Brittany said...

How fun for you guys to go visit Calif. and spend time with your friends, souded like a blast! I agree Lake Powell is such a georgous place.