Monday, October 6, 2008

Domestic Diva

I have been obsessed with food storage this past week! I have put up green beans and corn. I have bottled salsa and peaches. I have purchased my water barrels, and spent hundreds of dollars on rice, beans, powdered everything, and dehydrated everything. I am totally excited about going to the Cannery to can my own food. Am I a nerd or what?

I just KNEW that in conference they were going to make a big deal about food storage and preparing for some calamity . . because it is obvious that the world is going crazy. Between the upcoming election, the economy crashing, and teaching my Sunday school class about the condition of the earth before Christ appeared to the Nephites . . . I have obviously freaked myself out. But I didn’t sense any urgent warnings of any kind in conference, did you?

Anyway, if you have any good advice about food storage – bring it on!

No comments: