Monday, October 6, 2008

Lucky Number 7

Aaron and I recently celebrated a realization . . . we have been apart of each others’ life LONGER than we were without each other. We met when we were 14 years old on the school bus. We were each other’s 1st Love. Ahhh. I have notes that we wrote each other in middle school where he has signed, Love, Your Hubby. And cartoons he drew of our parents talking to each other in heaven making sure we would go to earth about the same time. These letters are PRICELESS to me. We always look at each other and say MFEO. (Made for each other.) I truly feel that there is no one more perfect for me. And I feel that we had tremendous divine help in bringing us together.

After dating for two years, we broke junior year in HS. It was an ugly break up and we had nothing to do with each other for the next three years. One day I received an e-mail from him while he was attending USU and I was at SUU. We dropped a line to each other every once in a while the rest of the year.

The summer after our freshman year I was sitting at home one evening when I felt the desire to go visit Aaron. I shrugged off the idea, but it came again – go see Aaron. So I hopped in my car, drove the mile to his house, knocked on the door and he opened the door in a suit. He had just been set apart as a missionary an hour earlier. He would be leaving for the MTC the next morning. We sat on his front step and talked for an hour. (His poor mom was probably dying that an old girlfriend was hogging the last precious moments with her son! Ooops.)

Aaron said that because I stopped by that evening, he put my address in his address book and wrote me a few times on his mission.

Skip to two years later. I graduated from SUU and was home figuring out life. One day I opened the Draper Paper (which I never ever read) and surprise! There was a huge picture of Aaron with details of his homecoming that next Sunday. So I went, I sat on the back row, I was blown away by his talk, I shook his hand after the meeting. He invited me to his open house, but I felt weird about going. But he made me promise to visit him later, so I did. That entire first week he was home we would sit outside in the summer evenings and talk and talk and laugh and laugh until 3am. We had a lot of catching up to do.

After dating a couple months I started freaking out because I didn’t want to get serious. So we broke up. We dated other people. But he would call me every couple week and “check in”. He said he knew my interest in other men wouldn’t last. He knew I’d come back. I did. We started dating December 2000 and by April I had a diamond on my finger.

I love our story. I especially love it because I am totally challenged when it comes to getting answers to prayers. But this is one prayer that I received a clear, perfect answer to.

Every year for our anniversary I give Aaron a scrapbook of the past years’ events. It has been quite the year. As we left Cali, and moved home to Utah we begin a new journey together. We will build our first home together and grow our family. I’m so excited for our future together!

4 comments:

Heather said...

ahhhh! You two ARE meant for each other! (That line reminds me of sleepless in seattle). Thanks for sharing your story, I never knew all the little details.

Ellie said...

I love your story! I've never heard it! You two really are perfect for each other.

Laurie said...

I remember seeing you and Aaron together after he got home from his mission and you were trying to 'break up'. Kelly and I kept saying "whatever you'll marry him!" You guys are totally MFEO!

Lains said...

We LOVE you guys! Your story is the best. Can't wait to live closer :)!!!