Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Giddyup!

Aaron, Ashton and I attended the greatest rodeo of all time! Well, of the three I’ve ever been to – we definitely got our money’s worth at this one!

Draper Days is in full swing and we attended the local rodeo on Friday night. I had never seen mutton bustin’ before and I couldn’t get enough of it. I can’t believe it’s not considered child abuse to put your 3 year old on a bucking sheep! HILARIOUS!

The first cowboy out of the gate got stuck on his horse for about 15 seconds. His head was right down by the horses hooves, I thought he was brain soup for sure! The first bull rider out of the gate was bucked off pretty fast and then the bull ran after him and tossed him 15 feet into the air with his horns! OWW! I thought he was a goner – but he got right back up! One bull was so mad that after he bucked off his cowboy he ran as fast as he could and jumped the fence out into the crowd! You’ve never seen a bleacher clear so quick! He was huge – we were all freaking out! Cowboys are crazy – but they’re sure fun to watch. Ashton couldn’t get enough of it! We are definitely making this an annual tradition!

No comments: