
I took Ashton out of school to go skiing. We had a mommy/son outing at The Canyons. I was a little nervous to take him by myself mostly because I'm terrified of him falling off the ski lift. But we had a blast together.
It was lightly snowing all day. But it was glittery snow, not those big flakes. We would put our hands out and let the snowflakes gather on our gloves. I've never seen snowflakes like these before. We could see each little point on the flake, and the intricate design. They were beautiful and it made our day magical.
Ashton ROCKS skiing. He is turning all over the place and totally confident in his abilities. We ate pizza in the lodge and watched the glitter fall out the window. On our last run (thank goodness) Ashton turned his skis loose. He was flying down the mountain (a little too confident perhaps) when he caught an edge. His skis flew off of him and he landed about 30 feet downhill from his skis. OUCH. Ski patrol got to him first and I agreed with the guy that Ashton was lucky he didn't break something. I was sad his last run ended on a downer, but soon his spirits were up and he can't wait to go again!
He was sleeping deeply before we reached Kimball Junction!
1 comment:
Geez you are one fun mom! I need to get better at snowboarding so I can play hookie with Kyla one day too. Nate and I are hopefully going in the next couple days. Fun to see what you are all up to. I love you guys (and the matching outfits too!)
Post a Comment