Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Finally . . . A Phone Miracle

I can only attribute this phone miracle to the fact that I watched all of general conference. We all know I have issues keeping a healthy phone. My iphones have been bit twice by my son and swam in a pool of capri sun in my purse. All have been very costly to the DeRose household and a bit of a sore spot with Aaron.

After Saturday's conference sessions I went out to the garden with Ashton to pick some fresh veges for a snack. I don't know why I took my phone gardening with me, but I did. I knew my phone was MIA all day, but didn't get to call it with Aaron's phone until 11pm. I called and called and called. Finally Ashton said, "Mom, you left it in the garden!"

Oh, the garden that has the sprinklers going right now? I ran out to the garden only to have the automated sprinklers turn off. Great - they ran the entire 15 minute cycle. My poor phone was coughing and blinking. I was sick and afraid of the wrath of Aaron. I operated on the phone with my blow dryer and then plugged it in to nuke its insides - kind of like when they stick those paddles of electricity on your heart.

It not only worked, but it works better than ever. My buttons had all the gunk washed out of them. After being rained on for 15 minutes this thing should be toast. But I'm calling it my conference miracle!

No comments: