Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Harry Day!



Today we reached our destination - San Francisco! It was cold and cloudy with a little bit of mist falling now and then. We drove around the bay and then decided to find our hotel. I was driving and made a turn only to discover that I now had to drive up a road that was honestly an 80 degree grade! I felt like the car was going to fall backwards the whole time. When we reached the top it didn't flatten out! I now had to go down an 80 degree grade! I was holding my breath and squealing all at the same time! I had just gone over Knob Hill the steepest section in the whole city! Aaron and Ashton loved it. What an introduction to the city! Well, we put the car in valet and decided to take the trolley around to avoid any future adventures. The trolley cars are awesome! We rode down to Fisherman's Wharf and had fresh seafood. Walked around Pier 39 to see Sea Lions, Alcatraz, and purchase Ghiradelli Chocolate

.


Once we were cold to the bone, we decided to go see the new Harry Potter movie. Wasn't it fantastic? It is our favorite one so far! After the movie we decided to ride the trolley cars around the city for a little tour. It was so great. I decided that everyone is San Francisco is either a deep sleeper, or takes meds to sleep. The noise from the trolleys, fire engines, and garbage pick up are all constant sounds during the night. Notice the nice bags under my eyes!

No comments: