Everyone should have a list of things you MUST see before you die. For some reason, I've always wanted to see "The Redwood Forests" we sing about in God Bless America. Today I can check this one off my list!
We started the day by taking pics at the Golden Gate Bridge. Then we drove over the bridge to Muir Woods. Muir Woods is where my Red Woods live. They are truly glorious! The forest is very quiet despite the hundreds of people walking through the trails. It smelled so fresh and clean. We all loved it. Everyone needs to go visit the Redwood Forests - they ARE worthy of being in this hymn.
Our next stop was Golden Gate Park. We chose to visit the Japanese Tea Garden. It is a meticulously manicured garden complete with Buddha, and Japanese shrines. We loved this little place - it was total eye candy!
I visited San Francisco ten years ago with my parents. One of the things I just had to revisit was the Palace of Fine Arts. It is such a serene and beautiful piece of art. Ten years ago I said to myself, "I have GOT to bring my husband here someday - it's so romantic!" I loved sharing this with Aaron - he thought it was as awesome as I did!
We ate dinner at a place called Chipeenos. It was Italian/Seafood dining. Aaron had a seafood stew that he loved. I took a picture of him with an octopus in his mouth - but it's too yucky to post! Ashton and I played it safe with the fettuccine and shrimp. MMmmm.
I braved driving the city streets one more time. I figured after Knob Hill, I could do anything. What I wasn't prepared for was "the crookedest street in the world" It is this crazy road just big enough for your car and it lives up to its name! It was totally fun to drive down!
We drove through the financial district with its tall buildings and unique architecture. We were absolutely exhausted from this day! This was a GREAT day!
No comments:
Post a Comment