Thursday, October 11, 2007

Computer Withdrawl

How pathetic am I? I miss looking at blogs and checking e-mail so much that I decided to have my car DETAILED for an hour this morning so that I can use their computer!

So hello! Aaron flew out this past weekend with Clint Mackey and spent two days filling a moving truck! A HUGE thank you to everyone who helped move our piano. We know that wasn't very fun! Let us know if we need to pay for any hernia operations!

We left our condo somewhat furnished so that it "shows" with a "homey" feeling. My kitchen has freshly painted cabinets with the new hardware that I have wanted for the past FIVE years. And the granite counter tops arrive Saturday - the place is going to look fabulous. I hope someone will be very happy enjoying MY new kitchen. :(

There are so many little things that have been happening that I just know we're getting a lot of extra help from heaven. Everything we've been trying to sell (furniture & Aaron's truck) are selling just in time for me to leave on Sunday. My kitchen that was supposed to have taken 15-20 days to complete only took 10 days. I'm so grateful.

I'm planning on leaving Sunday morning and driving all day. I think only then, will it hit me that I am leaving. I might cry the whole 10 hour drive home.

Tuesday night my girlfriends all went out for frozen yogurt. To be honest, I was dreading this event because I thought it would just make me too sad. And while it felt like a goodbye party, I was filled with this awesome energy from these women. I have learned so much from each of them.

Yesterday was a play day. Robin Evans and I took the kids to Disneyland, ate dinner at Ruby's Diner, and then went and saw Ratatouille at the dollar movies. It was such a nice break from doing house crap!

Today I'm getting ready for a baby shower tonight for Lindsay Evans! It's going to be so PINK!

I have totally been dragging my feet with this move. And while I was listening to conference someone said, "At every crossroad in your life, meet it with faith and cheerfulness." And then the spirit slapped me upside the head - hard. I am leaving a wonderful place and wonderful people. But now I am so optimistic and excited about what adventures await my little family!

I hope you all have a great week! I'm guessing I won't be able to post until I'm in Utah! Wow.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I love that you had a playdate that took you to Disneyland. You're going to be so sad when our Utah playdates are at the McDonald's playplace. :) But we can't wait for you to get here!

Aaron and Lindsay said...

Thanks for the BEST baby shower EVER! Also thanks for everything else...you are a life saver! I'm trying not to think about you leaving just yet, but I might be crying your whole 10 hour drive as well....so sad!

Brittany said...

We are so excited to have you come home. I know you will miss California but hey you can always come and sub in bunco (does that make you feel better? i am sure is does not compare to the weather and beaches). Utah is excited to have you HOME.

J Glazier said...

You meet every crossroad of your life with faith and cheerfulness, thats the Colleen way! Can't wait to hear more and see you. Welcome back!