Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Resurrected

I know, I know it's been two months since my last post. And thanks to my high school girlfriends, it has been resurrected. I have seven girlfriends from high school: Kelly, Julie, Laurie, Allison, Brittany and Cynthia. We've supported each other at weddings, the birth of babies, and a myriad of challenges and trials we've each faced. I just want to let them know how much I love them and how happy I am when I'm with them.

So for the past two months I've been adjusting to Utah. It's great being with family and friends . . . not so great being in the snow. I HATE THE SNOW! I can't get used to being inside all day long, having dry skin, chronic static hair, and having my skin fade to the color of snow. Just this morning I gave self tanner lotion a try. I reek! But happily, I don't resemble an oompa loopa . . . yet.

Aaron and I still haven't sold the condo. The housing market is crashing in Cali and we're losing money every day. We're getting close to deciding on a house plan - I'll post a picture when we've officially decided. We've been interviewing builders, going through model homes, and looking for land. Fun hugh?

We had a wonderful Christmas. My dad built Ashton a train table that we love to play with, and Santa brought a Ford F150 silver truck that Ashton drives all over the basement. I gave Aaron a huge picture of Huntington Beach that he can hang in his future office. And Aaron gave me a gift I have wanted for years and years - he's going to take ballroom classes with me! He bought a calendar of "Dancing with the Stars" and photoshopped our faces on top of theirs. I just have to share it with you because it is HILARIOUS! Isn't he the best?

We're looking forward to 2008! Ashton loves primary. They gave him a CTR ring that he will not take off. When you ask him what CTR stands for he says, "Turn to the Right!" He's growing so much right now. He can write his name, and most of the letters of the alphabet.

We're heading off to California one week from today. And I'm SOOO excited. Disneyland here we come! Aaron is judging a competition at Pepperdine. We'll be there for a week. California friends . . . let's party!

Now go enjoy the slide show!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! Good to hear from you! (This is Heather Cutler by the way) I hate snow too! Weber actually cancelled two of my classes today, there was so much snow people couldn't find their cars in the parking lot!

Jewels said...

I'm so glad you are back!! I LOVE the pics Aaron did. How sweet is he?!

Aaron and Lindsay said...

WHAT!?! It's so nice to see you posting again! I can't wait to see you next week!

Laurie said...

Good to see you rise from the dead. Sometimes we all need a good resurrection (or a slap in the face). I love that you're back in Utah. We will get together when we are both back from Disneyland. Our boys should be good friends!
Love you!

Palmer Family said...

YAY! It was so good to see you the other night.

Brittany said...

I have missed you in the blogging world. It was so much fun to see you the other night, let's do it more often!