First let me apologize that my blog looks so boring. I can't upload any pictures and it's driving me crazy!
So we got a call from our realtor last Wednesday asking how soon we could get the rest of our belongings out of our condo in Cali. Apparently these buyers are very anxious to live in my house. HISS . . .
Aaron's mom and dad were such troopers! They volunteered to drive us down and brings his dad's Harley trailer to haul everything home. What a fun road trip! We left Wednesday night and stayed in Mesquite. Aaron and his dad had to "roll the bones" for a couple hours and lose $2o in craps.
Thursday we rolled into Irvine in the afternoon and headed straight to Huntington Beach. We watched some professional kite flyers, chased the seagulls, and ate dinner at our favorite spot - DUKE's. YUMMMMY! Hula Pie anyone?! It's to die for.
Friday we postponed packing and spent a full day at Disneyland. Aaron's mom and dad hadn't been there for 25 years - and they had a blast. Ashton has grown so much since our last trip just a month ago that he can now go on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and the Matterhorn. He was so brave! He got totally soaked on Splash Mountain, so we had to fork out $20 for some Mickey Mouse sweatpants that he thinks are the coolest pants ever. (He's been wearing them every day since we've been home!) He conquered his fear of the scary snowman on the Matterhorn and claims that it is by far his favorite ride. He has no comment on Space Mountain. I think that one freaked him out pretty good! Can I just say how much I LOVE going to Disneyland?!
Saturday we spent 4 hours packing the rest of our stuff into the trailer and the back of the truck. It barely fit! A HUGE thank you to Aaron's mom and dad. And yet another thank you to Aaron Evans who is always willing to let us borrow his muscles. It was so sad leaving that empty house behind us. Thankfully I was all cried out from the last move. (The first trip back, I cried all the way to Baker!)
Saturday night we made it to St. George where we were fortunate enough to be neighbors with a couple of red neck drunks who were so loud that Aaron braved quieting them. After being sworn at the likes I've never heard - Aaron returned and we were able to sleep in peace. (After the initial fear went away that we were going to be shot through the wall.) YOU'RE THE BRAVEST MAN EVER!
This week resembles something that looks like spring! I didn't even wear a jacket today. My in-laws have tulips that are poking 4 inches out of the ground. HOORAY! I survived my first winter back in Utah!
Aaron and I have settled on a floorplan. Now we just need to design the front of our house. I get to meet with a design firm tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about it.
Aaron still loves his job. Ashton loves preschool and going to "The Little Gym" with his cousin Taidge and grandma every Wednesday. And I love the free time I get when Ashton is at school, and at the gym. :)
I haven't been blogging for weeks, so I'm excited to check on all my friends now!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yay! You survived your first winter back! And it happened to be the worst winter in YEARS...next year will seem like a breeze! And I'm trying to convince Jeremy to go to Disneyland. He says it's for little kids...any suggestions?
I am glad everything is settled. And I can't wait to see your house plans. I just know you're going to build my dream house! I couldn't be happier for you!
I'm so glad you are all done and back home! Yay! Now we can play..and spring is just around the corner!!!
Love ya girl!
I would probably be crying too if I was leaving warm weather and coming back to the cold...but I'm excited you're back and really staying!
Hey there! Hope you remember us...Nick and Haley Young. We were just blog stalking and found you guys! You look great and it is fun to see you all again!
What a great weekend. Was it hard to leave your house empty? Well, on to bigger and better - can't wait to see your house plans some day!
Post a Comment