Isn't it just my luck that the winter I move back to Utah they have their snowiest season in like 12 years?! Last Sunday we woke up to 18 inches of snow! When you go outside after a snowstorm it's comical. Everyone in Utah has resorted to purchsing a 4 wheeler with the big snow blade on the front. I can't count how many mornings I wake up to the sound of a 4 wheeler motor and a blade scraping tons and tons of snow off of everyone's long driveways. (It's like waking up to fingernails on a chalkboard!)
Ashton LOVES that the snow is almost taller than he is. He does a belly flop off the front porch into the snow over and over and over again. Watching him play in the snow made me remember that I didn't always detest the white stuff. When I was little I remember putting on my pink snowsuit and laying down in the snow to watch the snow falling from the sky. It was so quiet and peaceful. I remember my dad pulling my mom and I on a taboggon behind the snowmobile all over Draper (back when it was all fields) on a night with a full moon. Those are great memories!
SO, I decided I need to reconnect with the snow. Doesn't that sound funny? If I'm going to live with it the rest of my life, I better acclimate! BECAUSE staying inside is not an option anymore! Baby steps . . . Aaron's taking me skiing for Valentines Day. (And like our warped Weather Men say . . it's going to be a nice warm day - like 40 degrees!)
I said to Aaron, "Just think, next year we'll have our own long driveway to shovel! Doesn't that just make you so excited?!" And Aaron said, "YES, actually it does, because that means I'll get to buy a 4 wheeler!"
2 comments:
That picture of Ashton is SOOO cute! I like the part of "the rest of my life" I'm glad you're looking at Utah as a long-term destination. Let's play!!
Brrrrr....that makes me cold just looking at it. But it sure is pretty and Ashton sure is cute out there playing in it!
Post a Comment