Saturday, April 26, 2008

STALLING

Here I am stalling . . . I'm supposed to be working on my Sunday school lesson for tomorrow. I teach the 15-16 year olds. They are very good. Too good. They don't say much and I'm afraid what I'm saying is going in one ear and out the other. I bribe them to come to class - I bake every Sunday morning. So far it has worked - I have 15 students every week! Anyone want to volunteer to substitute? :) You'll be my bestest friend.

But fun things happened this week so I must blog a bit. Last weekend we did a trip so St. George. A big thank you to Nicole and Mikko for letting us crash with them for a couple days. I couldn't do much since my back is still on the mend, so what did I do? I laid out of course - WITH SUNSCREEN! I finished a book, went on walks and talked Nicole's ear off!

Monday I took one of my college friends, Melanie, out to dinner and a movie. We went and saw the movie "21" - the one about the MIT college students who won big in Vegas by counting cards. It was such a great movie - I loved it! You HAVE to go see it. I wish I was a genius and could count cards . . .I wouldn't mind pulling in $25k in a weekend!

Tuesday I received my house plans! WAAHOO! I only made a few modifications and gave them back to the builder so that he can put together the final draft that will go to the city! I am totally excited about building a house now. There are several interior decorators in the family that I didn't know about - and I know they won't let me pick out ugly stuff. I will be running all my decisions past them.

Friday I met my friends Kelly and Cyn at Draper park for lunch. We were totally excited about the sun being out, (FYI - it snowed on Thursday!!) but after sitting in the freezing wind for an hour we packed up and went to Cyn's house. It amazes me how re-energized I feel after being with my friends. All of my friends are positively amazing women. I feel so fortunate to have strong women surrounding me in my life. Thanks for always lifting my spirits - I can't get enough of you guys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, so fun! I'm glad you got down to St. George for some warm weather! It is supposed to be nice on Monday and Tuesday!

Let's get together very soon so we can play in the sunshine!

Love ya...and I hope your lesson goes well!

Kelly said...

It was so great to get together with you. Let's do it once a week! You're so much fun to be with. And my boys LOVE Ashton!!