Saturday, May 3, 2008

STALLING AGAIN . . .

Is it Saturday again?! Does anyone else feel like they go to church twice a week?! Good thing I have lessons to prepare on Saturday or I'd never blog!

Last Sunday, Ashton gave his first talk in primary. We prepped him all week. He would talk into television remote controls, we practiced talking loud and clear, we talked about not being silly, etc. His talk was about following the prophet. I asked Ashton who he wanted to have help him, Mommy or Daddy . . . to my delight he chose Aaron! It was so fun watching Aaron coordinate holding up pictures and not letting his voice be heard in the microphone. Ashton was all smiles and did a wonderful job!

It snowed one of the days this week! I woke up one morning to find the basement FREEZING cold and a skiff of snow out on the lawn. My mother in law had turned the furnace off because IT IS MAY! We turned the fires and furnace on and spent yet another day wondering when spring will decide to stay.

Gma and Gpa Cutler took Ashton and I on an adventure Wednesday. We rode the new "high speed" train from Salt Lake to glamorous Ogden! (WARNING: this is not a high speed train and it takes 1.5 hours one way. And there is nothing to do when you get off the train in Ogden.) We rode trax from Sandy to SLC which also takes about an hour. In all it was about a SIX HOUR adventure. But Ashton loved riding on the train! If you kid is into trains, DRIVE to Salt Lake and leave from there!

And this weekend is the 5th Annual Manly Expedition! Aaron went to St. George with his brother, Clint Mackay, and Jared Thain. They go shoot guns, golf, hike, and STINK. Ashton and I have been having a fun weekend. (While the cat's away, the mice will play!) We've been to the Dinosaur Museum, crashed remote control trucks, watched the divers at the Mayan (too bad their food is YUCK!), stayed up late, hiked Corner Canyon and threw literally hundreds of rock in the river, went on a bike ride on the Draper Trail together, and had Pizza night with Grandma and Grandpa Cutler. We've really enjoyed this weekend. (He's only been in time out once for kicking me when I knocked his player out on the Wii.) We're still working on the "it's just a game" concept.

So that's yet another week in the life of the DeRoses! Wishing everyone a SUNNY WEEKEND!

3 comments:

Ellie said...

Next time you take the "high speed" train...just let us know you're coming and we'll definitly have something to do in Ogden once you get here! :)
Yes...every Sat I swear Sunday was the day before. Then I'm frantically rushing around prepping for my lesson...completely understand. :)

Kelly said...

Sounds like a fun week! It was good to see you Friday. Good luck playing the piano this Sat!

Brittany said...

You are such a cute Mom, you are always doing something fun with Ashton.