Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorable Memorial Day!


Aaron and I really wanted to go camping in Moab all weekend. But the weather has been cold and rainy. Sunday after church we decided to pack up his parents' motorhome and get away! We went to beautiful Midway! This is the view from the lake we were fishing in. We got the last spot in Wasatch State Park campgrounds. What luck! Our incredibly spontaneous friends Erin and Jared Thayne drove up with their two little girls and had a sleep over with us! They have a little girl named Bella that is Ashton's age and they are absolutely adorable together!

We did the campfire thing with S'Mores, stayed up late, and fell asleep listening to the rain. We woke up to the rain. We would go outside and fish or play on the playground in between bursts of rain. You can't go into Midway/Heber without a stop at Granny's (burger joint, not biological grandma) for lunch and ice cream. We kept waiting for the clouds to thin and go away so that we could go golf or hike, but the rain just keeps falling and falling. So here I am blogging while my two boys are sound asleep!

Hope you all had a nice long weekend!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I loved being up in Midway this past weekend. It's so beautiful! Sorry it rained on you so much. Friday/Sat was much better. Can't wait to see you Thurs!

Aaron and Lindsay said...

Looks like fun. We will call you soon. I got your message late. We can't wait to hear what Ashton said about Aaron!

Love you!!

Brittany said...

How fun and what a beautiful picture! I wanted to tell you that Bella is in Kalli's preschool class, how funny!

Heather said...

I caught a fish on that lake once! It's beautiful!!! Glad you had fun despite the rain.

So Gayle called me the other day and it looks like July 27th (Sunday) works best. I am so excited to have a fun get-together! Thanks so much for putting this on for us! The reception plans are going great. centerpieces are the only thing I am having a hard time with