Monday, May 26, 2008

YES! You are four!

Every day Ashton asks me, "Hey mom, how old am I?" When I tell him he is four years old, he gets the biggest smile on his face.

For the past two weeks Ashton has asked me every day if today is the day he is four. It has been a LONG two weeks! Ashton had a great birthday celebration! On Wednesday we had a Monster Truck Party for him. It was a "boys only" party. Conner and Cohen Kunz, Mikko Laitinen, Taidge DeRose, Marcus Bacon and Parker Washenko all came out to party! We had his party at the Kids' Barn in Sandy. It is a big warehouse filled with blowup slides, bouncy tents, etc. I dressed the boys up in Skullcandy bandannas, slapped a monster truck tattoo on their hand and sent them off to bounce. They were so much fun to watch! We ate pizza, fruit and cupcakes. Ashton received some pretty sweet monster trucks, a monster truck stadium, a transformer, and some Vans flame shoes.

A big thank you again to everyone who came! We sure had fun and are grateful for such awesome friends.

On his actual birthday (Friday), Aaron had birthday breakfast with Ashton. (Little waffles cut into hearts.) He made us put a candle in the waffles and sing "Happy Birthday Breakfast to You!" He was LOVING all the attention. (Like he doesn't get enough anyway, right?!) Then mommy and Ashton went on a date to the Dinosaur Museum and watched a Dino Movie in 3D. It was very realistic and Ashton opted to watch the movie on my lap without the glasses on. :)

Ashton wanted a burrito for dinner, so we took him to Bajio. His gma and gpa Cutler and gma and gpa DeRose came too! After dinner everyone came back to the DeRose home for cake and ice cream . . and presents. I made a pathetic cake of a monster truck running over a bus. (I'm so glad I can't post pics from this computer because you would all feel sorry for Ashton if you saw this cake!) Oh well! Ashton received a jumping/flipping monster truck, fox racing gloves, new clothes, and some Leapster learning gear from Aaron's mom and dad. A cool aid kit, beach towel, and $ from my parents, and Aaron and I gave him a full face helmet (now maybe he won't wear Aaron's all the time), transformers, a Leapster, a wiggly sprinkler to run through (if it will ever get warm), a t-ball stand with bat and balls and a much needed comforter that I am in love with.

He was absolutely exhausted by the end of the day! And he still can't believe that he's actually four years old! I love my little guy!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So glad he had a happy birthday. He got LOTS of cool things. Lucky kid. Thanks for inviting us to his awesome party! He's getting so big!

Sarah said...

Aaaaw man! I've been thinking about Ashton's birthday for WEEKS, thinking I'd have Coby call him and wish him a 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!' and then I missed it! bummer. So sad we're beginning to miss being there for things in these boys' lives. Any plans to come to So. Cal. this summer?