The older Ashton gets, the more he reminds me of his father! Ashton loves anything with a motor, especially four wheelers. One of his favorite activities is to play ATV Offroad Fury on our PS2. He LOVES to make the guys go off big jumps and make them do tricks. He says things like, “Mom! Watch my guy to the Scorpion!” (or the Superman, Barhop, Lazyboy, Tsunami, and his all-time favorite – Boogie Nights)
So last week we were out at his Uncle Nate’s home in Herriman. Uncle Nate has a 50cc 4 wheeler that is just the perfect size for Ashton to drive. Ashton hopped on the four wheeler, hit the gas hard, and took off around the house. As he was turning to go around the house, I see him trying to stand up on the seat to perform a trick. (No doubt for his imaginary stadium of fans!) Thankfully when he stood up, the safety bracelet made the four wheeler turn off.
As I ran around the house, there was Ashton as white as a ghost sitting on the grass – the four wheeler crashed into a boulder. I said, “Ashton, what were you doing? Were you trying to do boogie nights?” His chin quivered and his eyes filled with tears as he said, “Ya, but it didn’t work!”
After teaching him the lesson that he can’t try those tricks for a few more years (or ever) I had a really good laugh. Am I in trouble or what when this kid gets older?
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Colleen!!!!! Good luck with that one. What a cutie!
Post a Comment