Ashton had to talk in church this past month. We practiced his talk a few times and he was so ready. He has spoke in primary before and did great.
But the girl that gave the scripture before him was nervous and laid on her sisters shoulder the entire time while her sister gave the scripture. When Aaron got up to help Ashton, Ashton laid his head on Aaron’s shoulder and decided it would be better if Aaron gave his talk. After a few uncomfortable seconds Aaron looks at me sitting in the back of the primary. I was praying in my head, “TALK ASHTON! TALK! TALK!”
Then I had this brilliant impression and mouthed to Aaron, “Tell him he can play games!” (Ashton loves the playstation but we don’t let him play it very often.) I saw Aaron whisper in Ashton’s ear and the next thing I know Ashton has grabbed the microphone and in a loud voice delivers his talk – perfect! I know this is isn’t ideal parenting – but I think we all can agree that I have no idea what I’m doing! Whatever works.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't we all just figure out the parenting thing as we go? I sure do! And I see no problem with video game bribes. So... at what age does bribery start working? :)
Post a Comment