Hip Hip Hooray! Today was such an exciting day for our little family! We dug the hole for our new home! I feel like this huge burden (Draper City) has been lifted off my shoulders. We have lived with Aaron’s parents almost 18 months now – they have been super patient with us. Hopefully we’ll be finished with the home in July. Summer BBQ’s at my house!
Last Thursday I went into Draper City to turn in the “last thing” they needed in order to issue us a building permit. I had just been up in Salt Lake having a stupid soil sample report notarized and Draper told me I had to go all the way back and have it recorded. (Which no one had told us to do.) Suddenly 18 months of built up frustration and miscommunication poured out of my eyes. I had a nervous breakdown in front of MANY people. I yelled at a lady I had never met before. People were coming out of their offices to see who was going postal. The lady I yelled at was very defensive which didn’t help. I won’t give you a play by play – but long story short, within 10 minutes I had a building permit in my hand. The worst part was that Ashton was with me. I just taught my son through my wonderful example that if you throw the biggest tantrum ever – you get what you want! Mom of the year right here!
The best part about today was that all my future neighbors either called, or came over when they saw Aaron and I inspecting the hole tonight. We feel welcome already!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yay yay yay!! i'm SO happy you've got some PHYSICAL proof that this house WILL be built! we are no longer coming in march, but most likely the last week of june... hopefully we can walk through an almost finished house!! and don't worry about yelling at those draper people. if anything, you taught ashton that his mom is not a pushover-- that she's someone to be reckoned with! ;)
So much to comment on....
1. I can't believe you're actually digging! Hurray!
2. I know the whole move from California wasn't easy for you, but I am SO GLAD to have you back here!
3. Tell Aaron I'm jealous that he went to MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice - it's kind of like a train wreck that I wanted to see but was a little too scared.
Love you guys!
Colleen, I found your link on Jesse & Justine's blog and was so excited to see it! I'm happy you are on your way to building your house too. If you want to link me and Nate feel free :) We love you guys!
Congrats. Finally. I am so excited for you to build your first home. Draper is wonderful.
Post a Comment