Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Betty

Anyone that knows Ashton, knows Betty. Betty is an important member of this family. Ashton will not sleep without her. (Betty is a blanket)I was preparing to write a eulogy for Betty since she went M.I.A. for a full week without turning up. I couldn't believe Ashton slept for an entire week without her! I was so proud of him - he was really being brave about the whole situation. Last night he happened to peek in the corner pocket of the pool table - and there she was! I have never seen a happier boy in my life! He seriously had tears in his eyes at this joyful reunion.

I have lost and then found Betty in a woman's dressing room, in a stuffed animal display at target, had a car park on top of her in a parking lot, lost at grandma's, lost behind a couch, and now the pool table. I'm actually glad that he found her - I was worried that when we move into our new home he would be lost without Betty. She is his constant! But once he's adjusted she might just go missing again . . . wink, wink!

1 comment:

Aaron and Lindsay said...

haha...I was laughing through this whole post. I can only imagine what you went through this week without Betty and I totally don't blame you for wanting it when you move!