Monday, June 1, 2009

Discipline Issues

Aaron and I are not the best at disciplining Ashton because we get the giggles when we’re supposed to be serious. Like today for instance, Ashton broke a big rule. There are absolutely NO VIDEO GAMES ON SUNDAY.

After eating a picnic outside, Ashton disappeared. After a few minutes, Aaron came inside and Ashton ran to the TV and turned it off. He looked at Aaron with big eyes and said, “NOTHING, I was doing NOTHING.”

Aaron asked him if he was playing video games. Ashton adamantly denied playing games on Sunday. Aaron asked him to turn on the tv. Ashton said, “NO! NO! Don’t turn it on!”

We turned on the tv and busted Ashton playing a wrestling game. (Which I detest!)

So after a time-out for breaking a rule and lying, Aaron decided to really make the point about how serious we are about not playing games on Sunday by breaking the wrestling game in front of Ashton. When the disc was in two pieces, Ashton looked at Aaron with a completely serious face and said quite calmly, “If you EVER break any of my other games, I’m going to punch you in the nose!” Despite the threat, the point was made. I’m pretty sure Ashton will never touch the PlayStation again on Sunday.

1 comment:

Aaron and Lindsay said...

I love this! He is too funny. It was great seeing you guys!