Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Boys N Birds


Let the carnage begin! Anyone that knows my in-laws knows that they are avid hunters. Grandma and Grandpa DeRose just can't wait until their grand kids turn five years old so that they can take them hunting.


Last weekend Ashton went on his first pheasant hunt. It was that super duper cold weekend that was windy and snowy. Aaron woke Ashton up at 5:45am and off they went to Burleigh, Idaho. Ashton's cousin Taidge got to go too.


Aaron said that Ashton and Taidge were crying after 10 minutes of hunting. They were tired, cold, afraid of the hunting dog, and afraid of the loud gun.


They mostly enjoyed swimming in the pool at the hotel. I can't say I felt bad about the way the hunt went at all, since I am perfectly content to do my "hunting" at Harmons.


Ashton did get his hands on a BB Gun at some point and did practice shooting at a pop can. He hit the can every time . . uh oh!


He even came home with a 1 1/2 inch gash on the back of his head. . . from falling out of bed and hitting his head on the nightstand! The adventures never end!


We have some great pictures and hopefully Ashton has some great memories of his first hunt!


2 comments:

Aaron and Lindsay said...

I have to say this post made me laugh a little. Just picturing Ashton out in the freezing cold hunting...too cute. We're leaving tomorrow, so we'll see you soon!

Kendee said...

Oh, no... not hunting. I have been trying to delay that with Lake and Steve. I like the 5 year rule, I will try to push that. Sounds like a lot of fun for them and you :)