I loved that Easter and Conference were on the same Sunday this year! Usually we go somewhere over the Easter weekend, but I was so happy to just stay home this year!
Conference was awesome as always, could have been better if Ashton didn't ask every 5 minutes if it was almost over. I was amazed at how many talks were about the family. Talk after talk to mom and dad; teach, be the example, love, etc. Makes me wonder if we're falling short, or if even more stormy times lay ahead for our kids. Probably both.
January and February were hard months for me. I was going through a lot. I had quite the pity party - sorry you weren't invited - it was a blast. But by March I had to make a change. The change I made was small, but it has been awesome! Ashton and I read scriptures together before school and have morning prayers together. That's it. It has changed me, it has changed my home. I am happy. The first couple weeks Ashton complained when I'd pull the scriptures out. But now, he sits quietly and really listens and asks questions. It's amazing. After a few weeks it becomes a habit.
This Easter the atonement meant more to me than it ever has. The more suffering I endure, the kind of suffering that makes my soul ache and takes my breath away the more I appreciate what Christ felt and endured for me personally. Aaron once said that if he could have a superpower, he would wish that he could feel exactly how other people feel at any given moment. Then he would know how much more he should be doing for someone. I loved that.
On a lighter note, the Easter Bunny knew that Ashton was totally into basketball right now, and brought him a Utah Jazz jersey! And EB knew that Aaron was training for the Spudman, so he brought him an exercise ball! And the EB knew that Colleen is obsessed with yard work, so he brought her gardening gear! Thank you EB! I am now realizing that Aaron needs to take pictures of me - I'm part of this family too!
No comments:
Post a Comment