
I've been a little blue this week with the realization that my favorite little buddy will be off to school ALL day in just a few days. I wanted to have a FUN day - just Ashton and me. So on Tuesday we went to Lagoon.
We went to Lagoon when we first moved here and Ashton was mad because he couldn't go on the big boy rides. This year he is finally tall enough to go on almost all the rides, but not tall enough to go on the rides that I'm not ready for either. :)
The first ride we went on was the Wild Mouse. I hated it when I was little, and I still hate it! Ashton thought it was hilarious that I was freaking out on every sharp turn. Ashton loved every second of it. There was no line for the Screamer so we went on that ride next. I remember LOVING this ride in high school. This time I LOVED watching Ashton laugh until he cried experiencing going upside down. I didn't love how dizzy I was after this ride. Then Ashton dragged me over to the Colossus - again there was no line. We got right on which means I didn't have a lot of recovery time from the Screamer. The Colossus freaked him out. He didn't cry, but now I know what sound he makes when he is scared. And he knows what I look like when I'm green. But after eating Subway in an air conditioned room, I was ready for more! We hit the Tilt A Whirl, The Scrambler, the Bumper Cars, The Bat, the Swings and the Tidal Wave. It was getting pretty hot so we headed to Lagoona Beach. He loved the water slides! He wanted to go on the speed slides and was so disappointed that he wasn't tall enough. I HATE the "wedgie slides" so I was secretly relieved.
I thought he would be ready to go home after Lagoona Beach, but all the fun lights came on the rides and he caught a second wind. I swear we went on everything possible. His favorite ride turned out to be the Spider. The Spider was the final nail in my coffin. I came away with the gnarliest headache ever. We ended the night by visiting both haunted houses - (they don't twirl, or go upside down.)
We seriously had a fun day together and I hope that bits and pieces turned into memories for him. I told Aaron, "It seems so NOT natural to take a boy like Ashton who is so full of energy and make him sit at a desk for six hours every day." Aaron replied, "Tell me about it, I feel the same way about going to work! It's not right!"
Like father like son.
We went to Lagoon when we first moved here and Ashton was mad because he couldn't go on the big boy rides. This year he is finally tall enough to go on almost all the rides, but not tall enough to go on the rides that I'm not ready for either. :)
The first ride we went on was the Wild Mouse. I hated it when I was little, and I still hate it! Ashton thought it was hilarious that I was freaking out on every sharp turn. Ashton loved every second of it. There was no line for the Screamer so we went on that ride next. I remember LOVING this ride in high school. This time I LOVED watching Ashton laugh until he cried experiencing going upside down. I didn't love how dizzy I was after this ride. Then Ashton dragged me over to the Colossus - again there was no line. We got right on which means I didn't have a lot of recovery time from the Screamer. The Colossus freaked him out. He didn't cry, but now I know what sound he makes when he is scared. And he knows what I look like when I'm green. But after eating Subway in an air conditioned room, I was ready for more! We hit the Tilt A Whirl, The Scrambler, the Bumper Cars, The Bat, the Swings and the Tidal Wave. It was getting pretty hot so we headed to Lagoona Beach. He loved the water slides! He wanted to go on the speed slides and was so disappointed that he wasn't tall enough. I HATE the "wedgie slides" so I was secretly relieved.
I thought he would be ready to go home after Lagoona Beach, but all the fun lights came on the rides and he caught a second wind. I swear we went on everything possible. His favorite ride turned out to be the Spider. The Spider was the final nail in my coffin. I came away with the gnarliest headache ever. We ended the night by visiting both haunted houses - (they don't twirl, or go upside down.)
We seriously had a fun day together and I hope that bits and pieces turned into memories for him. I told Aaron, "It seems so NOT natural to take a boy like Ashton who is so full of energy and make him sit at a desk for six hours every day." Aaron replied, "Tell me about it, I feel the same way about going to work! It's not right!"
Like father like son.
2 comments:
Good taste Ashton, The Spider is MY favorite ride too!
You are such a fun mom! Ashton is a pretty lucky kid. :) If you ever come out to Cali with Aaron let us know so we can see you.
Post a Comment