Ashton was so excited for the first day of school! He woke up easily, got ready quickly and couldn't wait to catch the bus. The second day it was a little harder to get out of bed and he wasn't nearly as enthusiastic. Day three he told the bus driver that he wasn't going to school anymore and walked home from the bus stop in tears. I was surprised when he showed up back home bawling his eyes out. "I don't want to go to school! I miss you for seven hours!"
I held him and told him I missed him too. When I drove him to school he made every excuse on the way,"I'm tired, I'm hungry, I don't like my class, etc, etc, etc" When I pulled up to let him out he was holding onto me in death grip. The principal opened the car door and saw that we were having issues. She told me this happens with a lot of kids and that he would be fine. The principal is a woman who is easily 6'3" tall and must be quite intimidating to these kids. She ripped Ashton off of me and sent me on my way. Sure enough, Ashton pulled it together and made it through the day.
Now I walk Ashton to the bus stop to make sure he gets on the bus. He also takes a "tummy pill" (Rolaid) in the mornings that makes his tummy not nervous for school.
I'm thinking he'll be fine by Christmas! :)
1 comment:
That is the cutest thing! Maybe not the easiest to deal with, but I think that is so sweet he doesn't want to leave you. What a momma's boy! You two are such great buds.
Post a Comment