We were lucky enough to go with the Mercato team to Lake Powell. I look forward to this trip every year. Good food, fun people, and hours of surfing & wake boarding. This year I learned to go in and out of the wake on the wake board - it was such a blast.
Monday we played in the water and were served steak and lobster for dinner that was delicious! Then we were sent on a fun scavenger hunt around the boat.
Tuesday we played in the water all day and then went for a midnight boat ride to some slot canyons. We anchored the boat and explored these SCARY slot canyons. We had to cross through a pool of critters that were shrimp/scorpions/tadpoles -ewww we were all barefoot and it was truly disgusting. Then we had to inch our way around deep holes that you couldn't see the bottom of. We scaled slippery rocks and balanced along ledges. I just knew someone was going to get hurt and we were going to be featured in the Readers Digest! But we all came back in one piece! It was definitely an adrenaline rush.
Wednesday we played in the water all day and even got out the wave runners. Since we pretty much had Lake Powell to ourselves there weren't any wakes to jump on the wave runners. But it was still fun trying to throw Aaron off the back of the wave runner. I drove home Wednesday night with a couple of the other wives while our hubby's stayed one more day!
Aaron's mom stayed with Ashton while we were gone. I got back late Wed night to find Ashton in my bed. I snuck into bed with him and when he saw me he snuggled into me and gave me a big smile.
Monday we played in the water and were served steak and lobster for dinner that was delicious! Then we were sent on a fun scavenger hunt around the boat.
Tuesday we played in the water all day and then went for a midnight boat ride to some slot canyons. We anchored the boat and explored these SCARY slot canyons. We had to cross through a pool of critters that were shrimp/scorpions/tadpoles -ewww we were all barefoot and it was truly disgusting. Then we had to inch our way around deep holes that you couldn't see the bottom of. We scaled slippery rocks and balanced along ledges. I just knew someone was going to get hurt and we were going to be featured in the Readers Digest! But we all came back in one piece! It was definitely an adrenaline rush.
Wednesday we played in the water all day and even got out the wave runners. Since we pretty much had Lake Powell to ourselves there weren't any wakes to jump on the wave runners. But it was still fun trying to throw Aaron off the back of the wave runner. I drove home Wednesday night with a couple of the other wives while our hubby's stayed one more day!
Aaron's mom stayed with Ashton while we were gone. I got back late Wed night to find Ashton in my bed. I snuck into bed with him and when he saw me he snuggled into me and gave me a big smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment