Monday, January 24, 2011

Follow the River

Just finished such an amazing book! It is historical fiction - my favorite genre. It's called Follow the River by James Alexander Thom. It is about a woman named Mary Ingles. She was 23, married and pregnant when Shawnee Indians invaded her settlement. The Indians killed most of the men and women and took her captive. For months she lived with them until she escaped and walked the 1,000 miles back to her home. This is seriously one of my all time favorite books.

For the most part, this book was taken from her journals and is one of the most inspiring stories about the human spirit. You'll love it!

2 comments:

The Goffs said...

I found your blog address!!! I added you to our blog! Oh, & I love good books! I'm going to have to add this to my list of "TO READ" :)
Thanks again for a fun night last night!!!
Loves!
~Jenn

hapi said...

Hi DeRose Family, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog