Sunday, January 23, 2011

Welcome Home!

WOW! What an emotional weekend! One gift most of us women have in common is what I call extreme empathy. We can put ourselves in others shoes and actually feel a glimpse of what they are experiencing. It's why when one woman cries, we all cry.

Thursday my brother and his family welcomed home their first missionary. After serving two years in upstate New York my nephew Jordan is a changed person. And he has helped change many lives too.

I was so excited for Steve and Lisa to see their son I could hardly stand it. It takes so much faith for a mom and dad to hand their son over to the Lord like that for two years. It made me reflect on the future sending Ashton on a mission of his own. I'm going to be a wreck! I couldn't see through the lens of the camera as I took most of the pictures! These pictures were my favorite and they speak 1,000 words all on their own.
Here's the kicker. They're second son Taylor just submitted his papers! So here we go again! It's so awesome!